Friday, May 29, 2009

The Final Post from the Desk of VPPR Session 2008/2009

Dear All,

This would be my final post to the UM TMC blog. I will be leaving my post as the Vice President of Public Relations (VPPR) for the Session 2008/2009.

Being a VPPR for the whole session has taught me a lot on how to communicate with other people and make them feel easy when you are with them. I have met a lot of new guests and members who have attended our meetings. Some guests may come for only one or two meetings and then they will be missing. But that’s not the point. I will always feel glad whenever I see a new guest in every meeting. At least they took an effort to attend our meetings - something has made them to try it out.

There could be other factors that may affect their attendance to Toastmasters, such as, the timing, poor English, not suitable for them or they still feel frightened to go ahead with public speaking. Whatever the reason could be, we, UM Toastmasters, will always be there to help you. You can always try out our table topics session that is provided in every of our meetings without the need of being a member, till you feel whether UM TMC really suits your needs or not.

Being a VPPR of UM TMC, I have received a few personal invitations to the major events of other University of Malaya registered clubs and some advertisements of stationery related things. Thank you, guys - if you are reading this post. I really appreciate your invitations and advertisements given to me via handphone and e-mail.

I would say that this blog have made some changes in my life personally. You could see that I’m a better writer now, don’t you think so? Before I started this blog, I don’t quite know anything about blogging. It was total zero. But later, the President started to emphasize me on this, and I learned about blogging one-by-one…till now...with number of viewers reaching 6500 times. Yes, I am a blogger now (but yet to have my own blog…haha…).

Thank you to all the viewers (UM TMC members, external Toastmasters club members and guests) who had given support to me so that I’m encouraged to updated the blog very often. This goes to the members of TICUM session 2007/2008 and the external Toastmasters student club members too. Without you guys, I wouldn’t have brought the blog this far. Your support is my inspiration.

Finally, I would like to say a special thank you to all the UM TMC excos of the session 2008/2009 :

Kimmy Foo (President)
Teo Bee Guan (VPE)
Deborah Chow (VPM)
Fun Mun Wah (Secretary)
Grace Rebekah (Treasurer) and
Grace Kang (SAA)

UM TMC would not have come this far without you guys. Great job!!! I will never forget all the moments that we had in UM TMC session 2008/2009.


Now, it’s time for me to hand over this blog to the new VPPR session 2009/2010 – TM Hadi Saboohi. The UM TMC blog is now fully under your hands to continue its meaningful journey.

Signing off from the session 2008/2009,

Rishi Ganesh,
Vice President of Public Relations (VPPR),
University of Malaya Toastmasters Club (UM TMC),
Session 2008/2009.

3 comments:

Estarfly said...

thanks rishi for keep updating this blog....^^...

MeiMei said...

Dear Rishi, you have indeed improve from your first post. Just wanna thank you for the wonderful posts that have lighten up my day and also keep me updated with the club's progress although i am never physically there anymore. All the best in future and hopefully we will meet again one day in the future. Good job!

Rishi said...

Estarfly - No 'Estarfly', I'm the one who have to say thank you to you for surfing the blog for all this long...


Su Mei - Glad to hear that the posts have lightened up your day. Eventhough you could not make it to our club meetings, I still feel that you are with us throughout the session 2008/2009.

:)