Friday, March 05, 2010

Fifth Meeting - Valentine

Since it has been quite some time (more than a week) after the meeting has been held, I need to admit that I have forgotten on certain things. So, shall I make the report a little short?

Certainly not!!! Why should I do that when the theme of the day is Valentine. The word of the day is 'love' - Emotions related to a sense of strong affection and attachment. The meeting started at exactly 5.30 pm with our SAA, TM Sui Peng calling the meeting to order. Did the President came to the meeting? Let me think for a while...Yes!! She came and she gave the presidential welcoming speech.


The Toastmaster of the Evening was TM Khairulnizam, for the first time. Yes, a little bit struggle here and there and there you go - a smooth flow soon. The Table Topics Master, ACB CL, Deborah Chow, gave questions related to the theme. The Table Topics participants are :

(a) Rishi

(b) Heng Jing Yi

(c) Levine

(d) Sui Peng


Before I go on, I better introduce to you to of our guests who came to the meeting that day - ACB CL Ng Lay Choo (Sai Toastmasters Club) and CC CL Levine (MII Toastmasters Club).


Next were the project speeches. The speakers were as the following :

(a) TM Arissa - CC Project#3 - Brain Differences

(b) TM Khairulnizam - CC Project#7 - Muay Thai

(c) TM Ras Hadi - CC Project#8 - Migration

(d) TM Jing YI - CC Project#8 - sorry forgotten your title, but something about recycle bins.

and a superb speech by our guest

(e) ACB CL Ng Lay Choo - Advanced Speech#3 - Habits of Highly Effective People.



Arissa talked about the difference in men's and women's thinking and I really enjoyed it for a reason - she praises men...haha...Khairulnizam showed a new defense tool called Muay Thai. Ras Hadi talked about migration of people and I think Jing Yi should have brought the recycle bins to show it to us. I know it's heavy.


The evaluators were as follows:

(a) TM Ras Hadi - first time

(b) TM Rishi as usual

(c) ACB CL Deborah

(d) DTM Dr Devi

(e) CC CL Levine


The General Evaluator was ACB CL Ng Lay Choo and the role players were:


(a) TM Hadi - Ah Counter

(b) TM Fun - Grammarian

(c) TM Sagacious - Time Keeper



There is one important thing that I need to mention. Someone has got her Competent Communicator - guess who?



HENG JING YI



Congrats, Jing Yi!!!!





That's all from me,

XOXO.

No comments: