Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh Mii, That's Great!

Today, I've visited Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII) Toastmasters Club meeting.

Being among the earliest, I got to meet with some of their members including their current president, CC Leong. They were very friendly and the meeting environment was awesome. I found the place a very conducive training ground for those who are planning to climb the corporate ladder. Their meeting ran on a slightly more strict but relaxed setting. And they claimed to have the best food in town compared to all other toastmasters club. I can testify that their food was really great. However, I can't say it's the best in town as I have yet tried all of clubs' and it won't be fair to judge so quickly. Their meetings are conducted in such a way that they try to train themselves for board meetings. So, their meetings are really good for learning.

Oh, I almost forgot, I met my "relative" there too. He is Adam Fung. My original surname happens to be Fung too but somewhere went wrong with the IC, so my father ended up with Fun. The Chinese character is the same as well and we are both Hakka. I surely will talk to my father regarding this. What a small world we live in. Then a little bit later, came a lady whom I emailed with for some other matter. She recognised me because of my unique name. Again, the world is so small.

Anyway, it was a great evening and I look forward to visiting more clubs, and to have members of other clubs visit us too. Hope to see you all on Wednesdays.

Wishes of peace and happiness for everyone.

by
TM Fun Mun Wah
Secretary,
UM TMC.

No comments: